This is going to be a pretty short recipe blogpost simply because the recipe is so simple. The chicken tray bake is perfect for amateur cooks or university students as it’s easy peasy and there is minimal washing up!
I made this for three people but feel free to adjust the quantities below depending on numbers and hunger radars.
6 chicken thighs
2 large sweet potatoes
1 red pepper
2 small red onions
5/6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Get chopping! Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into little squares, peel and chop the onions into small wedges, chop the courgette, chop the pepper and slice the lemon into four wedges. Peel off the papery skin of the garlic cloves but leave the rest of the skin on. Push down on the garlic cloves with the back of a knife or spoon.
- Add some oil into a large baking tray and chuck in all the stuff you just peeled, chopped and sliced!
- Next place the chicken thighs in the tray as well, making sure they touch the bottom of the tray. Season with salt and pepper then squeeze the lemon juice over the contents of the tray and place the wedges next to the chicken thighs.
- When the time is up take it out the oven and serve up this healthy, colourful array of food. I told you it was easy!
Best served with a sprinkling of your favourite cheese. The most colourful chicken tray bake you’ve ever seen! Do feel free to swap some of the ingredients too – you can chuck almost anything in (within reason).
Happy cooking x